Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What we've been up to...

I swore I would post at least once a week and I've been slacking with no good excuses!  We are all doing great and I am loving hanging out with Kiera every day.  It's so hard to believe I've already been off work for 3 months, but at least I have a few more with her before I have to go back!  She has been entertaining us with her cooing, smiling, attempts to roll over (no success yet), and getting stronger at tummy time.  The weather has been very unsummerlike so far, like June gloom that has continued into July.  I don't even think we saw the sun at all on the 4th of July, how un-San Diego like!  But this week it has finally started to feel like summer!  The sun has been shining and it's supposed to be really hot this weekend.  We have been taking lots of walks and Kiera loves her bassinet attachment for the stroller. 

Grandma Jean and Grandpa Bob came down to visit last week and Kiera got to meet Grandpa Bob for the first time!  It was great to have them in town and Kiera already loves sleeping on Grandpa Bob's comfy shoulder just like I did.  He also had a couple shirts specially made for her that say "Lil Tooter"!  He used to call me Tooter and got a big kick out of his new nickname for her.  : )

Kiera also loves her bathtime, which he have started doing every other night.  We had been undressing Kiera in the bedroom prior to her baths and then carrying her quickly into the kitchen where we set up her bathtub... but we learned our lesson on that one!  (I kind of figured we would sooner or later!)  Grandma Jean was carrying her in for her bath with no diaper and she not only peed, but pooped all over the place.  The funniest part was that it went inside of Joel's work bag!  Oops!  I have become pretty good at cleaning up poop these days though so I think I got it back into good working condition! 

Kiera has also been working on sleeping though the night!!  I feed her before I go to bed at night between 10:30 and 11:00 and she was continuously going 5 to 6.5 hours a night and then feeding once around 4:00 or 5:00am, but last weekend I decided to see if she would go back to sleep after waking up and stirring, rather than eating since she wasn't really crying, just waking up.  We had success!  She went back to sleep that first night after I provided the pacifier a handful of times and slept until 6:30am.  The last two nights she has gone until about 6:50 after I gave her the pacifier upon waking!  Yay Kiera! 

Practicing tummy time...

Bath Time...

With Grandma & Grandpa Bengfort...

No comments:

Post a Comment