Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What have you done with my baby???

My sweet little Kiera caught her first cold! : (  Friday she just started acting like a COMPLETELY different baby... very fussy and always needing to be held, just not like her!  I tried to do some shopping at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and she was just not having it.  She usually loves Nordies!  Grandma Barb and Grandpa Peter babysat Friday night so Joel and I could go to the rodeo (yes, the rodeo, it is his client, but it is actually a lot of fun!).  She didn't sleep well at all and Saturday Kiera was even worse and the sneezing, coughing, red eyes, and slight fever began.  We considered taking her in to see a doctor, but the only option on Saturday night was the ER (not good for a 2 month old with little immunity) so we decided to pass as it really seemed like she just had a cold.  She has slowly started to improve since then and slept pretty well last night.  She was so close to sleeping through the night and then the darn cold came and messed it all up!  But we are back at just one feeding around 4:30 (I think!).  Hopefully my sweet baby will be healthy and back to normal soon! 

Kiera after my attempt at a Nordstrom outing

The rodeo was a lot of fun, but during the wild horse wrangling something really sad happened.  One of the wild horses ran right into the wall by the stands.  He fell to the ground and started shaking and then just stopped moving.  It was SO sad.  The cowboys came right over and consoled him and the medical staff sedated him and took him out of the arena but we are sure that he didn't make it.  : ( 

After the rodeo (hat was a gift from Joel's client!)

In other Kiera news, she is (or at least was, prior to her cold when I could actually put her down on her play mat!) really working on rolling over.  She gets onto her side but then gets stuck on her arm and usually gets mad.  One of these days! 

We are also going to have her baptised when we go to my parents house in Idaho in August.  Who knew it would be so ridiculously hard to find a church to baptise your baby at if you aren't a member?!  I need to find a dress for her to wear.  I'm not such a fan of the traditional baptism gowns... the exceptionally long ones with bonnets to match.  I found this burberry dress on sale (but still ridiculously expensive), or even just this white dress from the Gap, less formal, but that's ok I think.  Thoughts??  Please share if you have any suggestions/ideas, time is running out! 

2 comments:

  1. The burberry one is super cute but I think the Gap dress would work just fine!! Thanks for putting up pictures from the rodeo..haha! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. BURBERRY! lol - of course I'd say that! I just now realized I can post comments...haha!

    ReplyDelete