Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 30

I guess that means we're 3/4 of the way there and only 10 weeks to go!  I know that the big day will be here before we know it!  And, we suspect she is growing a little faster and may make her appearance early, but I guess we'll see.  My mom said she had each of us 10 days to 2 weeks early, not sure if that has anything to do with how I will be though.  I am still feeling pretty good!  I am definitely starting to get more uncomfortable, bending over and standing up from a low seat can be a challenge and my quality of sleep just varies by the night.  She is still moving all over the place in there and I've noticed that sometimes when I roll over or get up to pee in the night she wakes up and then keeps me up with her activity. 

Yet another trip to USA Baby (don't love the store, but they have the BEST selection to check things out in person) to check out carseats last weekend now that the stroller decision has been made (we think, unless we change our mind!).  So many decisions come with having a baby!  Joel said he is embarrassed at the amount we go to that store, but they reassured as that there are couples that go far more frequently than us!  : )  I had always thought we would need to purchase 2 rear facing infant carseats but the girl at USA Baby enlightened me... she suggested we only buy one infant carseat and one convertible carseat (which is rear facing for the first year and then you turn it around and use as a forward facing seat).  I guess you really only need one of the infant carseats that attaches to the stroller and you can carry around.  Any moms out there who disagree please let me know!  These things are really not cheap so being able to purchase one of the two seats that we can actually use for a long time would be nice.  So for now that's the plan.  When things slow down I plan to post all of the research we did on carseats and strollers as it was quite intensive, but for now busy season is keeping my posts short! 

Not much else to report for now... here's the baby update from the Bump & What to Expect  (Sorry, I can't even commit to a site to use to update!):

Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments. 


Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments:

Post a Comment