Monday, September 27, 2010

One week : (

One week from today my time as a stay at home mom will come to an end.  : (  I am returning to work three weeks early to take on a new position at my Company that will allow much more flexibility (I get to work from home one day a week!) and I hope to enjoy a lot more (which isn't that hard to do compared to my old one) so I think it will be worth it.  But I am filled with emotions... mostly just sad to not be able to spend every day watching my baby girl learn and grow, scared that our tight bond will somehow change, anxious to leave her with someone new (although we have a great situation: a nanny coming over 2.5 days/week and my mother in law 1.5 days/week), wondering if I will miss something important.  That said, I am SO grateful for the amazing leave I have had... I haven't been to work in 6 months!  My company has a great maternity leave combined with the state of CA FMLA, so I know I am lucky to have had this much time.  I look forward to coming home to this smiling face every day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment