Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New and Improved!

So... how do you like the new and improved blog design???  : )  In my free time (i.e. during Kiera's naps) I have been learning how to use Photoshop and learning some html to design blogs!  I got a macbook too so I have been getting used to a mac since I have always used PCs in the past.  I am mostly teaching myself so I still have a few things I'm trying to figure out how to do, but I love it!  I have been daydreaming that maybe someday this could make me some money so I could stay home and take care of Kiera... at this point I am not going to hold my breath, but hey, maybe someday!  I have always loved paper products and hope to keep learning and design blogs, invitations, announcements, baby books, who knows what else.  I will post again when things really get up and running, but for now I hope you like the new design and let me know if you would like a facelift for your blog!

And because no blog post is complete without a photo...

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks wonderful! Photo banners are the best, and you did a great job :) Photoshop is also amazing! It's crazy how much you can do with it, and how much there is to learn! I feel like I've only skimmed the top... I'd love to hear if you have/find any amazing resources for learning it better. If you're a book learner, I learned html and designed a full-on website (oceanhills.org) from Learning Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to (X)HTML, StyleSheets, and Web Graphics. Don't know if that's helpful info, but I thought I'd share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! I still have a LOT to learn with Photoshop. I really haven't gotten into Photoshop too much yet. I took an online class for beginning blog design from April Showers (which touched just a little bit on Photoshop) and she offers some other classes including Photoshop, but I'm not sure how great it is as I haven't taken it yet. She just started teaching them. Thanks for the tip on the book and I'll let you know if I come across any other great Photoshop resources. :)

    ReplyDelete