Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 37



We just had our 37 week appointment and the doctor said the baby is now fully engaged (her head has dropped below the pelvic bone and she is no longer floating)!  She said I am 50% effaced and one centimeter dilated which is a great sign.  It's hard to say at this point though how quickly things will progress from here as everyone is different.  But we were excited about her progress!  She is still moving around a lot, which is kind of surprising considering how squished she must be in there at this point, but the doctor said the movement is a good thing so we are entertained watching my belly bounce all around.  I am still feeling good... sleeping is a little harder these days and I am definitely having to pee more, but I can't complain too much! I just keep waiting to start feeling terrible as I've heard it's pretty normal towards the home stretch, but so far so good. 

Not working is pretty much the best thing ever!  : )  I have to admit now that I have run most of the errands I am getting a little bored, but it is still so nice to be off and able to relax, exercise, read baby books, and get all of the last minute things done.  We got the crib and dresser all set up in our room and while it's not as ideal as having enough space to have a separate nursery, it's really not too bad!  We LOVE the sweet lambie bedding, however I think we are going to have to remove the adorable bumper for awhile as it can be a SIDS risk. 


Between gifts and my shopping (dangerous to not be working!) her dresser is pretty much full already!  I got the cutest swimsuit for her (not sure if it's realistic that she will use it late this summer or not, but I coudn't resist) and a cute cotton dress with a hoodie in case it's chilly to wear home from the hospital. 


Week 37 update from whattoexpect.com:
Congratulations! You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean he's finished growing — in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so he’s probably not kicking as much, though he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...your baby furniture looks so cute! :) As do you, momma! Very exciting news to hear the progress baby is making...sounds like a good sign! Can't wait for her arrival!

    ReplyDelete