Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 27




The first of the weekly updates for the blog...

I am still feeling pretty good these days! Although I guess I should catch you up since I haven't addressed the early pregnancy yet... A VERY brief update: Weeks 1-7 = a feeling that maybe I'm not really pregnant, I just didn't feel any different (to be expected at that point). However, Weeks 8-16 = Absolutely horrible! I had extreme nausea for a week or so non-stop (I couldn't eat or even get out of bed most days), then on and off nausea the rest of the time. Also, I pretty much had a headache or migraine every day, and of course you can't take anything but Tylenol, which does NOT help me. But Week 17 on = I've been feeling pretty good! Much less tired and sick and the headaches have been much better! I have started feeling pretty tired again in the last week or so, but I'm not sure if that is a result of entering the third trimester or just busy season at work and being exhausted from that. I have recently started to feel a general feeling of being uncomfortable as my belly is getting bigger.  I started feeling her kick and move a lot around week 20 or so, and she has not slowed down yet! She is very active and we love to relax on the couch in the evening and feel and watch her moving around. One thing that has been bothering me though is my feet! If I am on my feet for more than about 30 minutes they start to hurt extremely bad and throb in pain. I can get Joel to give me a footrub every now and then, but I think he is growing tired of it already. :)

I couldn't decide whether to share the weekly update from thebump.com or babycenter.com, so I decided to just share both this week as thebump.com only provides monthly updates at this point.

The Bump: Your Baby: Month 6
Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

Baby Center: 27 Weeks:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment